Thursday, February 28, 2013

Cowtown 5K.

I raced on Saturday. And it's Thursday.

Forgive me.

BUT - Saturday Dad and I ran the Cowtown 5k!

62087_10151484171310236_1615494480_n.jpg

The Cowtown is one of my favorite races - probably top two (with Bolder Boulder! Racers, seriously, check it out. It's the best 10K EVER - and you get to run by the Rocky Mountains the WHOLE race! Win win!) 

Anyway - back to the race, as I said in earlier posts - this was my first race of the year and my, my did it feel good! I'm with everyone else who kind of blows 5Ks off (you know who you are!) because they're short and usually filled with a TON of walkers - but, this one was special. I got to run with my favorite cheerleader (seriously, dads are the BEST!) and it was just like riding a bike. You don't forget how that feels.

Running has been a huge part of who I've become and who I'm continuing to be. (yup, that felt as cheesy as it sounds, but I don't care!) I've changed my life through running and have definitely learned a lot through getting hurt. 

My dad keeps telling me that he only became a good runner after getting hurt.

-Here's to becoming a good runner!-

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment